Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
Mental Health Services
Veterans Center for Addiction Treatment
The Veterans Center for Addiction Treatment is a Chemical Dependency Rehabilitation Program with components addressing various stages of recovery. The philosophy of the program is that disease of addiction chronic, progressive but TREATABLE. A therapeutic environment strengthens the recovery process.
The Veterans Administration is the largest health care provider for comprehensive substance abuse and mental health services in the nation.
According to the U.S. Surgeon General, 1 in 5 Americans - 20%! - will experience mental illness this year. Mental health is fundamental to whole-body health, and mental disorders are real treatable health conditions. Tragically, the stigma still attached to mental illness prevents many from seeking the help they need.
Founded on Results -to provide innovative, effective residential treatment for alcohol and drug addiction, we chose the most successful treatment methods and dedicated treatment professionals.
Innovative Program - is proven and has resulted in: dramatically higher rates of success for individuals remaining clean and sober after leaving treatment.
Dedicated - to providing individual treatment, our philosophy is; "Just as no two individuals are 100% alike therefore no treatment plan should be". Each treatment plan is developed to fit with each and every individual based on his or her needs.
- Intensive Day Treatment Program (IDTP) provides intensive rehabilitation, 30-35 hours of treatment per week. Length of stay varies according to patient's need. Overnight accommodations provided up to 14 days while in treatment on hospital grounds.
- Relapse Prevention is a 16 hour program, a refresher course for relapse prone veterans which bridges the IDTP and Aftercare treatments.
- Aftercare is our outpatient chemical dependency program. It helps focus on maintenance of recovery by individual and group treatment.
- Specialized group and individual counseling for over 50's recognizing different needs and issues for this age group.
- Specialized groups teach alternative methods of Pain Management.
To verify eligibility for care, please call (781) 687-2275.
For Intensive Day Treatment Program information, please call (781) 687-2354.
For an Aftercare Evaluation, please call (781) 687-2580.