Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital. We do not accept resumes or applications unless they are in response to a specific job opening.
To find available jobs, please use the links provided. If you find a job for which you would like to apply, please follow the instructions for that job in the "How to Apply" section.
Human Resources Office
Summer Employment Opportunity for Nursing Students
· Located at the Bedford VA hospital
· Full-time employment (40 hour week: days with rotation, evening and night positions with rotation to weekends)
· There is no part-time employment
· Pay is to be determined
· Employment may be available from mid-May through August 2018
· This is a direct hands-on patient care opportunity
· In-patient Community Living Centers, Alzheimer, and Hospice Unit
· Orientation will be with preceptors and a clinical resource nurse
- US Citizenship
- Current student nurses in good standing who are completing junior year and will be seniors in the fall of 2018
- Current BLS certification
- Two letters of recommendation from instructor/school (may be e-mailed directly)
- Current PPD and immunization record (if selected)
- Note from healthcare provider that student is cleared for hospital work (if selected)
- Required forms: 10-2850c, OF 306, Random Drug testing (if selected)
- Copy of school transcript
Interested students may send an email with résumé attached, as a WORD document to Lindsay.Pryor@va.gov
Required forms will be e-mailed to the applicants.
COMPLETED APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR EMAILED BY APRIL 10,2018
Interviews will be held in April 2018.
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Associated Health Occupations|
|Download 10-2850D||Application for Health Professions Trainees|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|