Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
About the Program
The Bedford VA Hospital has an automated prescription refill service by telephone. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An 800 number gives you toll free access to the system. There are a limited number of incoming lines available, so we have some suggestions that may expedite your use of the system:
- Have your full social security number.
- Have your prescription number(s).
- Call during off peak hours (Our busiest time is often from 7am to 3pm, times outside of these will allow you to use the system more quickly).
- If you seem to go back to the beginning more than once, the system is probably busy and you may want to hang up and try again a little later (see #3 above).
Automated Prescription Refill Line
To use Bedford VAMC automated prescription refill service please dial the following number and follow the steps bellow.
Dial 1-800-838-6331 (1-800-VET-MED1).
You will hear: Hello ! This the Bedford VA Hospital primary care information line. If you have an urgent medical problem, please press 1. If you would like to be transferred to the automated appointment verification and prescription refill system, press 2.
- Press 2. You will hear: Please hold, the telephone ring (again to transfer your call) and: Hello ! Welcome to the Bedford VA telephone care system. Please enter your social security number. When you are done press the pound sign. *Wait until the voice instruction stops to enter your social security number*.
- Enter your Social Security Number Note: All nine digits are needed.
- Press the Pound (#) sign.
You will hear: The veteran's initials for this social security number are nnnn. For appointment information press 1. For prescriptions, press 2.
- Press 2. You will hear: To request a refill of a prescription, press 1.
- Press 1. You will hear: Enter the prescription number followed by the pound sign.
- Enter your prescription number. Example: For 970235A, Enter 970235 (Do not enter the letter at the end, If there is one).
- Press the pound (#) sign. You will hear: Information about your prescription (that prescription is due to be filled on (date). Please allow ten days for delivery. This completes your refill request. If you have additional refill requests, please press 1. *If you do not have any additional refills to request, you can hang-up.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
- Bedford VA Medical Center
Hours of Operation
- By Phone 24/7